20 October 2016

Suggested Reading: Spooky Halloween

Halloween is coming (said in a stentorian voice as if I were on Game of Thrones) which means it is time for some scary stories. While I wouldn’t call myself a fan of horror stories, I do enjoy a good scare especially at this time of year

Picture Books

The Dangerous Alphabet
written by Neil Gaiman
illustrated by Gris Grimly

Hampire!
written by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen
illustrated by Howard Fine

I’m Not Afraid of This Haunted House
written by Laurie Friedman
illustrated by Teresa Murfin

Chapter Books

All Hallow’s Eve: 13 Stories*
written by Vivian Vande Velde

Bearwalker
written by Joseph Bruchac

Bliss*
written by Lauren Myracle

Happy reading!

For the purposes of the Suggested Reading posts, chapter books refers to any books with chapters. Those that are appropriate for teens are marked with an asterisk.

No comments: